hama-user mailing list archives

From "步青云" <mailliup...@qq.com>
Subject Do Hama support member member variable?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:16:11 GMT
Hello,
      I'm trying to run a graph job. But i have got some problems.
      I want to use member variable in vertex class, the code is as follow. I have changed
the value of the member variable in one superstep. But when I use this member variable in
next superstep, the value of this member variable is still the defalult value. For example,
"match" is the member variable. I have changed the value of "match" to be ture in superstep
0, but when I print "match" in superstep 1, the result was "match: false".
      Could anyone tell me why the value of member variable is changed? Thanks very much.

      Best wishes.

      public static class ProbMatchVertex extends Vertex<Text, NullWritable, TriTextPair>
{
		private boolean match = false;

		@Override
		public void compute(Iterable<TriTextPair> messages) throws IOException {
			if (getSuperstepCount() == 0) {
				match = true;
				sendMessageToNeighbors(new TriTextPair(getVertexID(),
						getVertexLabel(), new Text("")));
			} else if(getSuperstepCount() == 1){
				System.out.println("match:" +  match);
				parents = new ArrayList<TriTextPair>();
				for(TriTextPair msg : messages){
					parents.add(msg);
					sendMessage(msg.getFirst(), new TriTextPair(getVertexID(), getVertexLabel(), new Text("")));
				}
			}
		}

Ping Liu