hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edward.y...@samsung.com>
Subject RE: Hama task on multiple cores
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 03:19:36 GMT
Hello,

Hama framework spawns one JVM for each task. So, it depends on whether JVM
uses multicores.

If you wanna benchmark on single machine, I recommend you to use Hama local
mode (multi-threading). :-)

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

-----Original Message-----
From: Behroz Sikander [mailto:behroz89@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:35 PM
To: user@hama.apache.org
Subject: Hama task on multiple cores

Hi,
I am trying to do some performance comparisons between MATLAB and HAMA
implementation of same thing. MATLAB provides some functions to do parallel
execution on multiple cores.

Hama is already parallel but I do not understand the relation between Hama
tasks and cores on a computer.

For example, if I have a machine with 4 cores and I want to open up 4 Hama
tasks, where will Hama open them ? Each task on each core ?

Or If I have 4 cores but I have 10 tasks, how the tasks will be distributed
on cores ?

Regards,
Behroz Sikander