hama-user mailing list archives

From Behroz Sikander <behro...@gmail.com>
Subject Groomserer BSPPeerChild limit
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 17:33:34 GMT
Hi,
Recently, I moved from a single machine setup to a 2 machine setup. I was
successfully able to run my job that uses the HDFS to get data. I have 3
trivial questions

1- To access HDFS, I have to manually give the IP address of server running
HDFS. I thought that Hama will automatically pick from the configurations
but it does not. I am probably doing something wrong. Right now my code
work by using the following.

FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(new URI("hdfs://server_ip:port/"), conf);

2- On my master server, when I start hama it automatically starts hama in
the slave machine (all good). Both master and slave are set as
groomservers. This means that I have 2 servers to run my job which means
that I can open more BSPPeerChild processes. And if I submit my jar with 3
bsp tasks then everything works fine. But when I move to 4 tasks, Hama
freezes. Here is the result of JPS command on slave.

Result of JPS command on Master

‚Äč

You can see that it is only opening tasks on slaves but not on master.

Note: I tried to change the bsp.tasks.maximum property in hama-default.xml
to 4 but still same result.

3- I want my cluster to open as many BSPPeerChild processes as possible. Is
there any setting that can I do to achieve that ? Or hama picks up the
values from hama-default.xml to open tasks ?

Regards,

Behroz Sikander