hama-user mailing list archives

From Attila Dóró <doroatt...@gmail.com>
Subject getting EOFException
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 22:26:07 GMT
Hi,

I try to write a graph algorithm, but I get EOFException and I can't find
where is the mistake.
I use the SSSP<https://github.com/apache/hama/blob/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/hama/examples/SSSP.java>
example
as a base. I tried this example and it worked well. I modified the compute
function and some other lines in the SSSP, but I didn't modify the
SSSPTextReader class, which extends the VertexInputReader. I know that the
EOFException "signals that an end of file or end of stream has been reached
unexpectedly during input", but I didn't modify any reader or input method,
so I don't understand how can I get this exception.

In the first superstep I get the proper output, but after the first
superstep I get this exception:

java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPMessageBundle$1.next(BSPMessageBundle.java:157)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPMessageBundle$1.next(BSPMessageBundle.java:118)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$LocalMessageManager.transfer(LocalBSPRunner.java:361)
    at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPPeerImpl.sync(BSPPeerImpl.java:381)
    at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.bsp(GraphJobRunner.java:133)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.run(LocalBSPRunner.java:258)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.call(LocalBSPRunner.java:288)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.call(LocalBSPRunner.java:212)
    at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I have no idea what is the problem, so if somebody could help me, I would
really appreciate that.

(Anyway, here <http://pastebin.com/3AHu8FnC> is my code, but I haven't used
comment so I think it's totally incomprehensible for you)

Thank you in advance for your help,
Attila