hama-user mailing list archives

From Ηλίας Καπουράνης <ikapo...@csd.auth.gr>
Subject Re: Aggregator Problem (?)
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:48:24 GMT
Hey,

yeah I know about the corner case. What do you mean the aggregated
results from superstep number 1? Between supersteps, there are the
"aggregator" supersteps. And they are like  this:
- node superstep No.1
- aggregator superstep No.1
- node superstep No.2 etc etc

So if a node at "node superstep No.1" votes to halt, he shouldn't be
included in the aggregator phase which comes next, right?

My question is:
why the node gets aggregated if he has voted to halt? Doesn't "vote to
halt" mean that he wants to stop?

Στις 20/12/2013 11:35 μμ, ο/η Anastasis Andronidis έγραψε:
> Hello,
>
> what you actually see it is an expected behavior from the aggregators. The results you
are taking in the superstep number 2, are the aggregated results from superstep number 1.