hama-user mailing list archives

From Anveshi Charuvaka <anvesh.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 06:14:04 GMT
Hi Edward,

	I did not check it in local mode, but I tried in pseudo-distributed mode and it is working
fine. The task logging on the cluster is set to INFO mode, which seems to be the default.
I'll try to get the cluster admin to restart hama in DEBUG or ALL mode to try to figure out
the problem. By the way, is there any easy option to set the logging mode when you start hama
deamons?

	To setup the logging in DEBUG mode, for my local machine pseudo-distributed mode installation,
I had to edit the script hama-daemon.sh and set export HAMA_ROOT_LOGGER="DEBUG,DRFA".  I was
hoping that setting hama.root.logger in log4j.properties would do the trick, but it didn't
make any difference.

Thanks
Anveshi

On Nov 19, 2013, at 9:22 PM, Edward J. Yoon wrote:

> Hi, does it works in local mode?
>
> and, you should check the taskslog to see more detail error information.
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Anveshi Charuvaka
> <anvesh.subs@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>        I am trying to run a hama jobs on a cluster, but the job fails and I am unable
to figure out from the logs why the job is failing. I am attaching what I could see in the
job log from bspMaster node and the task log from one of the worker nodes. Any help in trying
to figure out what is going wrong is greatly appreciated. I would also like to mention that
the jobs was working fine on another machine in pseudo-distributed mode.