hama-user mailing list archives

From Anveshi Charuvaka <anvesh.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Hama seemingly not using multiple nodes on cluster
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 02:12:59 GMT
Hi All,

	I am trying to run a small test job using HAMA graph api on a cluster configured with 10
nodes. My job creates 9 vertices, but it seems that HAMA is loading all the vertices into
a single physical machine instead of distributing them onto different machine.

	I have attached the program. I simply reads the vertices from the input file, in the format
( <ID> <value> <neighbor_id>), the values and neighbors have no significance
in this test program. In the compute method, the vertex finds it's peer name using
	this.getPeer().getPeerName();
and sets it as the value of the vertex, which is then dumped into the output

	Please help. I would like to make it run, so that the load is taken up by multiple physical
machines.

Thanks
Anveshi