hama-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shapovalov <shapova...@graphics.cs.msu.su>
Subject Deploying Hama to AWS EC2
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:20:22 GMT
Hi all,

I used Whirr to boot up an AWS cluster with Hama, as suggested in the
documentation [1].

It installed Hama version 0.4.0, is it the expected behaviour?

Also, the default Whirr configuration creates a master node, along
with 5 slave nodes. Is it necessary to have a dedicated master? I was
planning to configure a single instance (need to install some
additional software), and then create AMI from that and clone several
times, thus avoid configuring each node. In this symmetric scheme I
need to install the master (hadoop-jobtracker+hama-master+…) and slave
(hadoop-tasktracker+hama-groomserver+…) software to each node; will it
work?

Thanks in advance,
Roman

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/hama/LaunchHamaUsingWhirr