hama-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anastasis Andronidis <andronat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with 0.6.3
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:08:28 GMT
Hi,

this seams to be a problem with the input. If you say that your first job produces nothing,
then the second job is getting null input and this is probably why you get this error. I think
your problem might be in your first job.

Can you separate the jobs and investigate why this is happening? Or can you create a custom
input for your second job and run it with a specific input to be sure that the problem is
there?

Cheers,
Anastasis

On 17 Οκτ 2013, at 6:44 μ.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:

> Hello there,
> 
>  i just downloaded the version 0.6.3, did the configurations and wanted to run my programs.
Previously I was using hama 0.6.0. The examples are working fine but when I give one jar of
mine to be run, I have the following issue:
> 
> - It starts 2 jobs and after the first is completed without doing anything, the second
hangs and prints this:
> 
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO ipc.Server: Starting Socket
Reader #1 for port 52820
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO ipc.Server: IPC Server Responder:
starting
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO ipc.Server: IPC Server listener
on 52820: starting
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO ipc.Server: IPC Server handler
0 on 52820: starting
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO message.HadoopMessageManagerImpl:
 BSPPeer address:master port:52820
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO sync.ZKSyncClient: Initializing
ZK Sync Client
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:36 INFO sync.ZooKeeperSyncClientImpl:
Start connecting to Zookeeper! At master/192.168.1.2:52820
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 ERROR bsp.BSPTask: Error running
bsp setup and bsp function.
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: java.lang.NullPointerException
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.loadVertices(GraphJobRunner.java:430)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.setup(GraphJobRunner.java:114)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.runBSP(BSPTask.java:176)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.run(BSPTask.java:146)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.GroomServer$BSPPeerChild.main(GroomServer.java:1246)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 INFO ipc.Server: Stopping server
on 52820
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 INFO ipc.Server: IPC Server handler
0 on 52820: exiting
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 INFO ipc.Server: Stopping IPC Server
listener on 52820
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 INFO ipc.Server: Stopping IPC Server
Responder
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 ERROR bsp.BSPTask: Shutting down
ping service.
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 13/10/17 21:37:37 FATAL bsp.GroomServer: Error running
child
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: java.lang.NullPointerException
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.loadVertices(GraphJobRunner.java:430)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.setup(GraphJobRunner.java:114)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.runBSP(BSPTask.java:176)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.run(BSPTask.java:146)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.GroomServer$BSPPeerChild.main(GroomServer.java:1246)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: java.lang.NullPointerException
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.loadVertices(GraphJobRunner.java:430)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.graph.GraphJobRunner.setup(GraphJobRunner.java:114)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.runBSP(BSPTask.java:176)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPTask.run(BSPTask.java:146)
> attempt_201310172123_0009_000000_0: 	at org.apache.hama.bsp.GroomServer$BSPPeerChild.main(GroomServer.java:1246)
> 13/10/17 21:38:44 INFO bsp.BSPJobClient: Job failed.
> 
> 
> From what I see, it has to do something either with the setup and bsp functions or with
the reader because there is NullPointerException at loadVertices.
> 
> I don't think it is the first one cause I am using hama Graph.
> 
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message