hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hama graph api
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:33:51 GMT
Hi,

GraphJob consists of two jobs. The first is a partitioning job, the second is the Vertex processing
job.

Partitioning job divides a input graph into partitions based on the vertex ID. Thus, Graph
API allows to send/receive messages among Vertices.

P.S., The default partitioner of GraphJob is HashPartitioner, hash(vertexID) mod N, where
N is the number of partitions.

Thanks.

On Oct 30, 2013, at 9:59 PM, ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I am having a strange issue with the Hama Graph API. I have a cluster of 2 servers. The
thing is that when I run a hama example which implements the BSP api, it works fine. When
I run an example which uses the Graph API, like SSSP, it starts 2 jobs. The first one is just
one task job (even if I have set more) and it ends after 1 superstep. Then immediately it
starts a second job which takes the input.