hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question About Distributed Mode
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 00:59:10 GMT
> Questions:
> 1) In the files "groomservers" and hama-site.xml (property
> hama.zookeeper.quorum ), should be included the three machines or just
> slave_a and slave_b?

There's no great difference either way. If the BSP application
requires large amount of RAM and hdfs-namenode is also started on
master server, the latter is best (large cluster case).

> 2) With the running environment, how do I add a new slave machine
> On-the-fly?

Just start groom server to add new slave machine:

user@new_slave_c $ bin/hama-daemons.sh --config $HAMA_CONF_DIR start groom

Then, it will be recognized automatically.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon