hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: for graph processing, hama is disk-resident or memory-resident?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 01:59:42 GMT
Hi,

You cannot use the disk-based vertices storage and queue at the moment
but it will be supported in the future. We're under heavy development.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM, wangzhigang1210 <wangzhigang1210@163.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently, I read source code of Hama on Graph API. And I have a question about the disk-resident
and memory-resident issue.
> I find that there are two classes for maintaining vertices: ListVerticesInfo.java and
DiskVerticesInfo.java. The latter supports disk operations. However, in the class of GraphJobRunner.java,
the class is set as ListVerticesInfo in the function setupFields. Thus, it seems that the
version of disk is unusable for Graph API.
> Similarly, in the function of GraphJob.submit(), the version of message queue is also
set as SortedMessageQueue instead of DiskQueue.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon