hama-user mailing list archives

From Anastasis Andronidis <andronat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Selective Aggregator execution
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 13:31:02 GMT
Hey again,

I was thinking that we can rush this feature. I will create a new JIRA (probably tomorrow)
only for this and you can comment on that so we can work this on. And maybe we can add it
on the next release :)

Cheers,
Anastasis

On 29 Σεπ 2013, at 1:23 μ.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:

> Hey Anastasis, thanks for the reply. If there is any way I can help just contact me!
>

> Quoting Anastasis Andronidis <andronat_asf@hotmail.com>:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Currently, there is no way to skip aggregation step. We have plans though to develop
such a functionality in the next releases as we refactoring aggregators and Graph API in general.

>> Your approach seams to be the only solution ATM.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anastasis
>>
>> On 28 Σεπ 2013, at 8:32 μ.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:
>>
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> I wanted to ask you if there is a way to select after which supersteps the aggregation
phase is executed. My way of cutting some of the work is by setting a status id at the vertex
value and then if it doesn't match with the status number the aggregator wants, it doesn't
move to the rest code.
>>> I've solved partially the problem, but is there a way to entirely skip the execution
so there is no additional delay?