hama-user mailing list archives

From wangzhigang1210 <wangzhigang1...@163.com>
Subject for graph processing, hama is disk-resident or memory-resident?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 00:28:41 GMT
Hi,
Recently, I read source code of Hama on Graph API. And I have a question about the disk-resident
and memory-resident issue.
I find that there are two classes for maintaining vertices: ListVerticesInfo.java and DiskVerticesInfo.java.
The latter supports disk operations. However, in the class of GraphJobRunner.java, the class
is set as ListVerticesInfo in the function setupFields. Thus, it seems that the version of
disk is unusable for Graph API.
Similarly, in the function of GraphJob.submit(), the version of message queue is also set
as SortedMessageQueue instead of DiskQueue.
So, for graph processing, I want to know whether Hama is a disk-resident system or not.
Thanks,
Zhigang Wang