hama-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Xirog <k0stasx1...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory issue or what?...
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:00:13 GMT
Hello,

I'm running my program with 400.000 records as data and the execution takes
50 minutes whereas the execution of the same query on 200.000  records
takes 70 seconds. Any idea why that might be? I've been monitoring my
system with the 'top' command, and I see that for these 50 minutes the
memory usage is 75.5% and the CPU as at 100 almost constantly...

I'm running hama in local mode on one machine with 8GB of RAM and 8 CPUs.
Any idea why that might be? Any ideas of how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Kostas X.