hama-user mailing list archives

From Jiwon Seo <ji...@stanford.edu>
Subject Loading binary file in Hama (with graph API)
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 08:49:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand how vertex loading is done in hama.

The part that I don't understand is, the relation between VertexInputReader
and InputFormat.

As far as I understand, VertexInputReader.parseVertex is the method to
initialize each vertex, but it is not clear where the function is called in
Hama 0.6.1.
In Hama 0.6.0, the parseVertex function is explicitly called inside
GraphJobRunner::loadVertices, but in Hama 0.6.1, it is replaced with
peer.readNext(vertex, NullWritable.get()), and parseVertex does not seem to
get called. Where is the function called?

Thanks,

-Jiwon