hama-user mailing list archives

From Ηλίας Καπουράνης <ikapo...@csd.auth.gr>
Subject Re: SAXParseException &# chain jobs
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 14:37:01 GMT
Thanks ^^

  well i ll try to explain. Suppose we have vertices 1,2 and 3 and as
messages we have an integer. At superstep 1,
vertex 1 sends to 3 the messages {4},{5},{6} and vertex 2 sends to 3 the
messages {1},{4},{8}. Is there a way to sort
these messages before vertex 3 reads them at superstep 2? So when all
the messages are read with messages.next(),
the order of "appearence" would be {1},{4},{4},{5},{6} and {8}.

Στις 4/5/2013 4:50 πμ, ο/η Edward J. Yoon έγραψε:
> Congratz :-)
>
>> I now have another question. Is there a way to sort the messages that come
>> to a vertex before the vertex reads them?
> I'm not sure what you mean exactly?
>
> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Ilias Kapouranis <ikapoura@csd.auth.gr> wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>>    i finally solved it! I was reading the parameters from a file, so the
>> problem had to do something with the encoding of the file. So I just added a
>> .trim() at my parameter variable when I was assigning it to the job and it
>> worked!
>>
>>    I now have another question. Is there a way to sort the messages that come
>> to a vertex before the vertex reads them?
>>
>>    Thanks again!
>>

>> Quoting Ηλίας Καπουράνης <ikapoura@csd.auth.gr>:
>>
>>> Hey Edward!
>>>
>>> Ok i will check your suggestion! I havent tested it thoroughly because it
>>> was a bit late and
>>> wanted to see if you have any thoughts. Will be back soon with the
>>> solution or any other
>>> persistent problems..!
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Στις 26/4/2013 4:34 πμ, ο/η Edward J. Yoon έγραψε:

If