hama-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Menon <surajsme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to monitor performance metrics?
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 03:45:35 GMT
Hi Julio,

- Cost of the longest running local computation;
We don't have this yet per superstep.

- Cost of global communication between the processors;
We provide information on count/size in bytes of messages sent and received
by peers.( IO_BYTES_READ, MESSAGE_BYTES_TRANSFERED, MESSAGE_BYTES_RECEIVED,
TOTAL_MESSAGES_SENT, TOTAL_MESSAGES_RECEIVED, COMPRESSED_BYTES_SENT,
COMPRESSED_BYTES_RECEIVED)
- Cost of the barrier synchronisation at the end of the superstep.
This is again provided in the final output in TIME_IN_SYNC_MS.

The stats above are aggregated throughout the lifecycle and we don't have a
breakdown per superstep yet. You may create a JIRA for tracking.

Thanks,
Suraj