hama-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Menon <surajsme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: High Availability & Fault Tolerance
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:37:58 GMT
Hama's fault tolerance capability is immature at the moment.
If enabled, Hama checkpoints messages exchanged on HDFS to recover from
when the task fails. And, this is supported only when using Superstep API,
we have introduced.
BSPMaster is still a single point of failure. A GroomServer failure could
be recovered in most scenarios but not all.

I would be glad to help you if you intend to work on this. Our focus is
currently on messaging scalability, then on YARN, before we get back to
fault tolerance.

Thanks,
Suraj