hama-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Sanches <sanchesban...@gmail.com>
Subject Messages in Memory
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:55:27 GMT
Hi,

After some testing I could see that my application generates enough
messages and the accumulation of these messages are that are causing
failures. From what I could see all the messages that are sent remain in
memory even if the superstep taking over. The accumulation of these
messages has caused failures, mainly due to lack of memory. I rotated the
hama in 15 i7 (8 cores each) with 8 gigabytes of ram. With this
infrastructure'm not able to calculate diameter of a graph with vertices 40
000 and 300 000 edges.

I tried to use the parameter:

<property>
<name> Hama.messenger.queue.class </ name>
<value> Org.apache.hama.bsp.message.DiskQueue </ value>
</ Property>

But also not getting success.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can solve this problem?

--
Francisco Sanches