hama-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Menon <surajsme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deregisterFromBarrier()
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:02:20 GMT
In my opinion, this function is useful when you want to relieve a BSP Peer
to close and free the Task slot on Groomserver while other peers have few
more superstep to work on. I know our current barrier implementation would
fail with that. Will be working on this as a part of the BSP Peer API
improvements.

For fault tolerance, especially when checkpointing received  messages, I
did not need this function. The nodes being ephemeral gets deleted in the
scenario when I restart peer processes.