hama-user mailing list archives

From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject K-Means on BSP
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 00:51:29 GMT

> Now we are going to broadcast each of this computed averages to the other
tasks. Then we are going to sync so all messages can be delivered.

Instead of sending the computed averages to all the tasks, we could send
them to a master task and let the master task do all the computations and
send it back to all the nodes. This way we are decreasing the number of
messages from n*n to 2*n and less computation on the non-master tasks.

Also, can we have a dedicated master task or make one of the bsp task as a
master task?