hama-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Menon <menonsur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What type of problems can be solved with BSP and how?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:01:31 GMT

Long time back I had come across few papers. I have personally not read
them, would do so in "spare time" :)

I think BSP was introduced to world in this - A bridging model for parallel
computation - Leslie Valiant

The other papers span into many areas. I have not read any of these.
Forgive my efforts on providing good bibliographic records.

All-Pairs Shortest Paths Computation in the BSP Model - Alexandre Tiskin
Using the BSP Cost Model to Optimise Parallel Neural Network Training
- R.O. Rogers and D.B. Skillicorn
BSP Functional Programming: Examples of a Cost Based Methodology
- Fr´ed´eric Gava
Efficient Parallel Graph Algorithms for Coarse Grained Multicomputers and
BSP* - E. Caceres F. Dehne et. al
Parallel Priority Queue and List Contraction: The BSP Approach*
- Alexandros V. Gerbessiotis, Constantinos J. Siniolakis and Alexandre
Memory-Efficient Matrix Multiplication in the BSP Model - W. F. McColl and
A. Tiskin ( Wanted to read this and see Thomas's implementation)
A Parallel BSP Algorithm for Irregular Dynamic Programming - Malcolm Yoke
Hean Low, Weiguo Liu, and Bertil Schmidt

*** For Hama Infrastructure:*
Oblivious BSP - Jesus A. Gonzalez , Coromoto Leon , Fabiana Piccoli ,
Marcela Printista, José L. Roda , Casiano Rodriguez , and Francisco de
Sande ( I think we have a JIRA item already on this)
BSP Performance Analysis and Prediction: Tools and Application Weiqun
Zheng, Shamim Khan and Hong Xie
A Parallelisation Approach for Supporting Scalable and Portable Computing *
- Jonathan M. Nash, Peter M. Dew and John R. Davy

Suddenly we can have a reading group ;). Once again sorry for not been able
to provide links. Please use Google Scholar.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Praveen Sripati