hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Matrix Multiplication in HAMA
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:52:12 GMT
You can see them at

If you want to check out to local, you can use the following command:

% svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hama/branches/0.1/ hama-0.1

These old codes are based on Iterative MapReduce and HBase as a
remotely accessible shared storage. In my experiences w/ this
approach, it was very slower and heavier than I expected. There're
many overhead factors e.g., heavy start-up costs for each map task,
HBase column size, huge network costs..., etc. and memory issues.

I would recommend you to use our new Bulk Synchronous Parallel
framework for algebraic computations.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Samudrala,Shailesh
<shailesh2088@ufl.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on HAMA for the past few weeks, and I want to implement
> Jacobi's method, which involves Matrix Multiplication. I have read examples
> in the HAMA paper, as well as some of the blogs online, from which I
> understand that Matrix Multiplication has already been implemented for HAMA.
> I would like to know how I can access the code, or how I can use the class
> in my code.
> Best Regards,
> Shailesh Samudrala,
> Graduate Student,