hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 01:01:36 GMT
Hi chris,

Now you can configure the maximum size of tasks by adding
'bsp.local.tasks.maximum' property to hama-site.xml.

    <description>Number of tasks that run in parallel when in local

P.S., in distributed mode, currently we provides only one task per groomserver.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Chris Willmore
<chris.willmore@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am playing around with the examples in local mode, but cannot figure out how, or if
it is even possible, to run more than 2 peers for a job.
> I'ved tried running:
> bin/hama jar hama-examples.jar pi <num>
> with various values of num, but it seems it is disregarded and always 2 are run (one
master peer and one additional).
> Can I run and test locally with num > 2?
> Also, I was wondering how the number of peers concurrently running on a given groom server
are controlled. Is it configurable?
> Regards,
> Chris

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon