hama-user mailing list archives

From Chris Willmore <chris.willm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fixed: hama-0.2 Job blocking after all tasks completed
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 18:51:08 GMT
Hi All,

I simplified my algorithm and the issue has disappeared.

From: Chris Willmore <chris.willmore@yahoo.com>
To: "hama-user@incubator.apache.org" <hama-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:17 PM
Subject: hama-0.2 Job blocking after all tasks completed

Hi Folks,

I am running hama-0.2 with 3 groomservers, on 3 hosts. I submit the job via the hama command
interface, and it seems to execute perfectly. Tailing of the groom server logs shows succesfull
completion. The forked GroomServer.Child processes shutdown, but the job never fully completes.
On the BSPMaster, running jstack on the hama.util.RunJar process shows the main thread still
blocked on BSPJob.waitForCompletion(true).

I've looked through the logs of master, zookeeper, and grooms and everything looks good afaik.

Here is the source of my program: