hama-user mailing list archives

From Chris Willmore <chris.willm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 16:26:45 GMT
Hi Edward,

Thank you for the new conf property. I can confirm it works as advertised.

Regarding distributed mode - you mention one groom server can run one task at a time. Can
a host run multiple grooms, or is this limited to one as well?

From: Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>
To: hama-user@incubator.apache.org; Chris Willmore <chris.willmore@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:01 AM
Subject: Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Hi chris,

Now you can configure the maximum size of tasks by adding
'bsp.local.tasks.maximum' property to hama-site.xml.

    <description>Number of tasks that run in parallel when in local

P.S., in distributed mode, currently we provides only one task per groomserver.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Chris Willmore
<chris.willmore@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am playing around with the examples in local mode, but cannot figure out how, or if
it is even possible, to run more than 2 peers for a job.
> I'ved tried running:
> bin/hama jar hama-examples.jar pi <num>
> with various values of num, but it seems it is disregarded and always 2 are run (one
master peer and one additional).
> Can I run and test locally with num > 2?
> Also, I was wondering how the number of peers concurrently running on a given groom server
are controlled. Is it configurable?
> Regards,
> Chris

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon