hama-user mailing list archives

From PaweĊ‚ Brach <bras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: communication
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:29:50 GMT
Thanks for quick bugfix. Could you provide me an example code, where you
control number of supersteps by sending messages to itself ?
I'm really confused looking at SerializePrinting example provided with Hama.
There is no send message and there are 3 supersteps.
It looks like the number of supersteps in controlled by number of loop
iterations in the bsp() method.
What's more, in the javadoc there is info about sync method:
"Sends all the messages in the outgoing message queues to the corresponding
remote peers."
So what is the reason to call sync() in the SerializePrinting example
(outgoing queue is empty).