hama-user mailing list archives

From Lin Chia-Hung <cli...@googlemail.com>
Subject graph database
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 06:07:09 GMT
I came across to read the following discussion

regarding to the graphic library. Does this indicate that `Angrapa'
may be similar to graph database?

>From what I have discovered so far, hama resembles to map/reduce and
data may store on e.g. hdfs or hbase
So we can use graph database like neo4j to store graph data if

However, in Angrapa (http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GraphPackage), it
refers that the lib consists of master and workers to compute the
data; this somehow seems to me the usage of hama in essence. So what
is the role of Angrapa? Or if a user/ developer decide to use hama as
framework to process social network data, what is the recommended arch
(e.g. hama + neo4j/ hdfs)?

View raw message