hama-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hin...@fastmail.net>
Subject Re: Getting started with BSP
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:02:16 GMT
On 08.02.2010, at 12:04, Edward J. Yoon wrote:

> I would recommend you to read below test codes.
> svn_trunk/src/test/org/apache/hama/bsp/BSPPeerTest and SerializePrinting.

Thanks, that's a starting point!

I looked at the two examples and conclude that the pattern for running a BSP job is creating
a subclass of HamaCluster that initializes various stuff and then starts a number of BSP threads
that do the actual work. Is that about right? It would seem to imply that a BSP job can only
use one compute node, because each process is just a Java thread. On the other hand, it hardly
makes sense to use Hadoop for just one node, so I wonder what I am missing here.

View raw message