hama-user mailing list archives

From aa...@buffalo.edu
Subject Re: More documentation on Hama- BSP
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 04:01:28 GMT
      As you said earlier one of the goals of HAMA was to computer the inverse of
a matrix. In any one your reading in this area did you ever come across
Moore-Penrose inverse? I am attaching some basic information just in case .

The pseudo-inverse coincides with the regular inverse when the matrix
is non-singular. Moreover, it can be computed using the SVD.

Here's a patch for a MapReduce version of the SVD:

Best Regards from Buffalo

Abhishek Agrawal

SUNY- Buffalo

On Wed 02/03/10 12:49 AM , aa225@buffalo.edu sent:
> Hi Edward,
> Could you send me some documentation regarding BSP- Hama especially how
> it can be used for performing operations on matrices ?
> Best Regards from Buffalo
> Abhishek Agrawal
> SUNY- Buffalo
> (716-435-7122)