hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fault Tolerance in Hama
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:03:30 GMT
If I remember correctly, .. the framework change the job status as a
"recovering" first, and then simply restart all the tasks from the
last checkpoint. It works well but I only tested simple jobs (no
input/output) on my cluster (see also HAMA-973).

To write perfect FT application from user side, every states in BSP
program need to be written on the disk. So, some people discussed and
introduced new Superstep API that provides more abstract interface
like Pregel.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon