hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: General questions
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 06:14:04 GMT
Sounds great! Let me help you on it.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Mayank Mishra
<mayank.mishra@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Hi Behroz,
>
> *4- Monitoring*
> Hama provides a Web GUI to check the basic information about the job. But a few things
seem to be missing like bandwidth, cpu and memory usage on cluster and individual machine
level.  Are there any third party tools that can be integrated in cluster to monitor Hama
? (AMBARI maybe ?)

> I contribute to the Jumbune community (http://jumbune.org), It provides
> cluster profiling & monitoring, you can give a try on your cluster. If
> required to do some specific/custom integration with Hama, we will be
> happy to collaborate with Hama team on that.
>
> With regards,
> Mayank
>
> On Friday 28 August 2015 10:18 AM, Minho Kim wrote:
>> Hi Behroz,
>>
>> I would response to your questions.
>>
>> *1- Password-Less SSH between machines of cluster*
>> So I recommend using script files to manage cluster like installing hama and modifying
configuration.
>> This script help you make script file for managing it. Please refer to following
link.

>> https://github.com/awslabs/emr-bootstrap-actions/tree/master/hama
>>
>> *2- Dynamic IPs*
>> *3- HDFS data*
to both questions is using a DNS server. If you use DNS server, you can set configuration
using the host name which is an alias assigned to an IP.

>> Best Regards,
>> Minho Kim

to solve below mentioned problems efficiently.

>> *1- Password-Less SSH between machines of cluster* To have a working cluster, we
need password-less SSH access between all the machines in cluster. Till now, I was manually
doing them because I had only
>> 3 machines. I am moving to 20 machines now. So, it is a lot of work. How teams who
manage 100s of servers solve this problem ? Bash scripts ?

>> *2- Dynamic IPs*
>> This is the biggest problem. Every time I restart my cluster, all the machines get
new IPs. It means that I need to modify my /etc/hosts files on all machines. Also I need to
verify my password-less SSH logins. Getting a static IP is difficult in my current setup.
So, how people solve this problem ?

>> *3- HDFS data*
>> As per my current understanding, HDFS has namenodes and datanodes.
>> Namenodes contain the all the information about chunks and where they are placed.
Now, lets assume I restarted my cluster and got new IPs. My whole HDFS data will be messed
up. Again how to solve this problem ?

>> *4- Monitoring*
>> Hama provides a Web GUI to check the basic information about the job. But a few things
seem to be missing like bandwidth, cpu and memory usage on cluster and individual machine
level.  Are there any third party tools that can be integrated in cluster to monitor Hama
? (AMBARI maybe ?)

>> Regards,
>> Behroz

interception or interference.