hama-dev mailing list archives

From Behroz Sikander <behro...@gmail.com>
Subject BSPClass with parameters
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 00:02:25 GMT
Hi,
I was recently working on something and need your suggestion. I am building
a small framework on top of Hama. Using my framework, users will submit a
job to my framework and my framework will internally run the Hama job. Here
is a sample code of what user might submit to my framework.

//Extra Hama related Params here like JobName, output Path etc
IFunction f = new MasterFunction(<inputPath>, <extra params>);
IFunction g = new SlaveFunction(<inputPath>, <extra params>);
ExchangeADMMSolver admm = new ExchangeADMMSolver(f, g); //Problem here
admm.solve();

Here ExchangeADMMSolver will be a BSP class (this is what I am hoping to
acheive) and *"solve" *method will internally create a HamaJob and will
submit it to Hama.

I am a little confused here that how will I pass all the parameters to the
BSP class (e.g f,g) ? because in Hama if I want to set the bsp class I do
the following

HamaJob. setBspClass(ExchangeADMMSolver.class);

So, Instead of this I am looking for something like

HamaJob.setBspObject(admm);

I might need to override some Hama classes but before doing that I need
some suggestions that what can be the best solution.

Regards,
Behroz Sikander