hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edward.y...@samsung.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Things I'd like to focus on next
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 01:19:24 GMT
Please feel free to contribute documentation to the Apache Hama wiki[1]!
Ultimately, I'm considering improving our official website[2] on HAMA-960. We
also maybe work together on it but I have no idea yet. Custom “Modern” or
“Classic” Style? Maven website again?

ADDM is quite interesting, and it looks like more fit into BSP than MapReduce
(even if HBase(?) or memory-based shared storage is used). But I don't fully
understand and so don't know whether it can be used as abstraction layer of
many ML algorithms. We'll need more investigation.

1. https://wiki.apache.org/hama
2. https://hama.apache.org/

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

-----Original Message-----
From: Behroz Sikander [mailto:behroz89@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 10:24 PM
To: dev@hama.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Things I'd like to focus on next

Hi,
+1.
Yes documentation needs improvement. I also saw that a book on Hama is also
under progress. I can help with the documentation. I only found the
following open issuehttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-960.

Something like MLBase or Mahout on top of Hama would be really nice and
will boost the project. Regarding machine learning algorithms can we use
ADMM(a) to implement the algorithms ?
Like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1543

a) https://web.stanford.edu/~boyd/papers/pdf/admm_distr_stats.pdf

Regards,