hama-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Fenchel <jfen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q, Hama master server and Mesos
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 04:41:24 GMT
Hey,

While it would be possible to turn each job into its own mesos framework
this may not be the best idea. Unlike yarn, mesos does not have a built in
scheduler since it is an offer based resource manager. While there are ways
to deal with this, such as dedicated resource groups I don't think it would
be ideal to use those on a per job basis. It seems that the mesos community
has taken a similar approach with spark and Hadoop. Both of those
frameworks have framework master nodes that talk to mesos.

Regards,
Jeff Fenchel