hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Review request] release announcement
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:18:57 GMT
Thanks, Here's new version!

== Apache Hama announces v0.7 Release! ==

Apache Hama team is pleased to announce the release of Hama v0.7 with new
features and improvements.

Hama is a High-Performance BSP computing engine, which can be used to
perform compute-intensive general scientific BSP applications, Google's
Pregel-like graph applications, and machine learning algorithms.

What are the major changes from the last release?

The important new feature of this release is that support the Mesos and Yet
Another Resource Negotiator (YARN), so you're able to submit your BSP
applications to the existing open source and enterprise clusters e.g., CDH,
HDP, and Mesosphere without any installation.

There are also big improvements in the queue and messaging systems. We now
use own outgoing/incoming message manager instead of using Java's built-in
queues. It stores messages in serialized form in a set of bundles (or a
single bundle) to reduce the memory usage and RPC overhead. Kryo serializer
is used to serialize objects more quickly. Another important improvement is
the enhanced graph package. Instead of sending each message individually, we
package the messages per vertex and send a packaged message to their
assigned destination nodes. With this we achieved significant improvement in
the performance of graph applications.

What's Next?

After a month of testing and benchmarking this version will bring
substantial performance improvements together with important bugfixes which
significantly improve the platform stability. We look forward to add more
and more and see our community grow.

Where I can download it?

The release artifacts are published and ready for you to download either
from the Apache mirrors or from the Maven repository. We welcome your help,
feedback, and suggestions. For more information on how to report problems,
and to get involved, visit the Hama project website and wiki.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon