hama-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject notes from ApacheCon EU '14
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:32:05 GMT
Hi all,

I've visited ApacheCon EU this year in Budapest and I'd like to share a
couple of things related to Apache Hama that I noticed while there.

1. I've attended the session on Apache Mesos from a guy at Twitter which
sounded quite interesting and it's probably a good vector for Hama
deployments too, given the existing integration
2. I've attended a session on Apache Giraph and audience asked about Hama
comparisons (despite the fact that Giraph is graph-only the question was
more on BSP frameworks), while that's not so crucial it's still a sign of
interest (and let me iterate that we should have our own benchmarks done on
publicly available datasets)

Cheers,
Tommaso