hama-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjin Lee <dongjin.lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Get struck after upgrading hadoop to 2.5.1
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:46:02 GMT
Hello All.

I am a developer who have been run hama with hadoop 1.2.1. Last weekend, I
upgraded my hadoop distribution to latest one, version 2.5.1. Although all
other things run well, my hama distribution (0.6.4) does not run properly
anymore.

Let's explain a bit more in detail: I rebuilded hama with hadoop2 profile
and updated all jar files. I never changed any hama config file. However,
when I try to run hama job like following, it fails to connect to bsp
master.

dongjinleekr@dongjinleekr-unix:~$ hama jar hama-examples-0.6.4.jar gen
fastgen 100 10 randomgraph 2
14/09/22 06:30:59 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/
127.0.0.1:40000. Already tried 0 time(s); retry policy is
RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:40000 failed on
connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I checked the processes with jps, but all the daemons were running well. Is
there any other person who experienced the same? I am now suspecting that
some updates applied to hadoop 2.5.0 are causing this problem.

Any guidance will be greatly helped.

Thanks in Advance,
Dongjin Lee

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*Oracle Server Technologies Group.So interested in massive-scale machine
learning.facebook: www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr
<http://www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr>linkedin:
kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<http://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>github: