hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future plans
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:44:38 GMT
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Andronidis Anastasios
<andronat_asf@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking on working on a VertexInfo instance, that will not serialize-deserialize
the vertices all the time for better performance if there is enough memory.

+1

> Also, I want to rework the aggregators to be able to pass arbitrary messages and not
stay bound to Vertex-Message type.

I personally think that Aggregators are somewhat complex. If we use
the barrier sync for Aggregators, two times number of original
supersteps is needed and vertex messages need to be sent to S + 2. To
avoid meaningless add and poll operations, we currently uses the
persistent queue. In fact, I have no idea at this moment.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
CEO at DataSayer Co., Ltd.