hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: eigenvalue of matrix
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:13:23 GMT
Here's my old implementation using MapReduce and HBase table.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/branches/0.1/src/java/org/apache/hama/algebra/JacobiEigenValue.java

This algorithm repeatedly performs rotations until the diagonalization
is completed. In other words, each MapReduce job (one iteration of the
algorithm) performs a table full scan and updates in every iterations.
MapReduce framework was used to distribute the IO load, but I think
it's not good program.

If I have some time in the future, I'll introduce the BSP-based linear systems.

Thanks.

--
Edward J. Yoon (@eddieyoon)
Chief Executive Officer