hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2014
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:35:56 GMT
Yes. ASF will apply as a mentoring organization. Once ASF is accepted,
every ASF committers can volunteer to mentor. Students can choose one
of apache projects.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Anastasis Andronidis
<andronat_asf@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So as far as I understand from your other email, ASF will join GSoC as a whole community?
So I can apply for Hama through ASF? Are we declared on the ASF side?

> On 13 Φεβ 2014, at 11:05 π.μ., Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Not bad idea!
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Anastasis Andronidis
>> <andronat_asf@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was thinking to apply again as a student, as I am still undergraduate.
>>>
>>> But as for subjects we could set:
>>>
>>> 1) Optimizing serialization with kryo lib
>>> 2) Investigate and apply Netty
>>> 3) Refactoring and optimizing Graph API (e.g. move master aggregator to a isolated
BSP peer, auto balancing of vertices, profiling)

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
Chief Executive Officer at DataSayer, Inc.