hama-dev mailing list archives

From song bai <baison...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI, Comparison and Evaluation of Open Source Implementations of Pregel and Related Systems
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:06:52 GMT
Dear Edward J. Yoon

I have read and modify most of source code of hama-0.6.0, for example,
1. add combiner when the peer sends messages to other peers;
2. the messages send from Superstep i to Superstep (i+1) in the same
BspPeer don't use the default RPC,but through     memory.
3. I hava implemented some algorithm,such as WCC,topk and Incremental
PageRank.

Unforunately I have found some mistakes in the source code.I think the
important is that:
In Pregel paper, the job will terminates when all vertices are
simultaneously inactive and there are no messages in transit.
but hama only consider the vertices are active or not.

I want to be a contributor of hama project.now I am studying the document
of hama.
can you give me some suggest,waiting for your reply.