hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: outgoingQueue and messages bundling
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:44:28 GMT
If we use Spilling or Disk queues for outgoing queue, some memory
consumption can be saved but we can't avoid deserializing and bundling
messages overhead. According to my test, disk-based outgoing queue
doesn't help much in memory usage.

So, in my opinion, we should add outgoing messages in bundle object
directly, and should consider about byte array bundle, or disk-based
bundle. We can add something like OutgoingMessageManager.

Does it make sense?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon