hama-dev mailing list archives

From Chia-Hung Lin <cli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Skip minor release, and prepare 1.0
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:19:43 GMT
I agree that would be good for us to have feedback with releases,
instead of silently working until accomplishing version 1.0.

Considering frequent releases[1][2], we may break e.g. version 0.7
into smaller parts and release them frequently by prioritizing tasks.
For example, if the task `Add Hama to BigTop distribution' is
considered that can be done earlier compared to the rest of tasks in
the roadmap. Then we can release it first (after that feature is
accomplished); thus users who want that feature can take that release
for evaluation, etc., and feedback if any issue. So do other tasks. By
prioritization, software is released based on each feature and in a
smaller cycle. The benefit is we can release as many/ earlier as
possible without tasks being blocked by features that require longer
time to finish.

Therefore, I suppose we can:
- discuss the tasks prioritization for the roadmap version 0.7 (or
move tasks to the next version release, etc.)
- work on the tasks in parallel.
- release a version (iteratively) if a feature is accomplished.

[1]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_programming_practices#Small_releases
[2]. http://xprogramming.com/what-is-extreme-programming/#small