hama-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Roadmap for 0.7.0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 12:33:25 GMT
2013/7/25 Yexi Jiang <yexijiang@gmail.com>

> I also think about to remove the regression.CostFunction and create one in
> ml.math. But it seems that the argument list is quite different from the
> DoubleDoubleFunction defined in ml.math.

yes, that's because it came before the MLP Function API and was designed
just for the case of regression.
So I'd be +1 in standardizing our interfaces, making some of the changes
mentioned before and more if needed.

> I think we need to figure out how
> to replace the regression.CostFunction with existing ones. Moreover, I
> found both the linear regression and logistic regression use gradient
> descent. So they can be treated as a two layer MLP in fact.

yes, they just use the plain gradient descent BSP implementation but one
could do both with a neural network (MLP) as well, however I'd like to have
separate implementations which can address different scenarios.

Regards,
Tommaso