hama-dev mailing list archives

From developer wang <developer...@gmail.com>
Subject Does fault tolerance work in Hama 0.6.0
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:31:47 GMT
hi, all
  I am interested in fault tolerance in Hama.
  Because of some legacy systems, I still use Hama 0.6.0, and there are a
lot of code to support fault tolerance in Hama 0.6.0.
  so I had a try with FT in hama.

  I enable FT in such a way:
       pageJob.set("bsp.ft.enabled", "true");
       pageJob.set("bsp.checkpoint.enabled", "true");

 is it right?
 and I searched fault tolerance doc for hama, but only found
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GroomServerFaultTolerance?highlight=%28fault%29
 Are there other material about FT in hama?

With the two lines of code, I enabled FT in hama. and when the groomservers
started to compute after loading vertices, I killed one of the working
groomservers (not master), then all others groomservers hung, but in the
cluster there is still one idle groomserver.
Does hama 0.6.0 support FT? or is FT is unfinished feature in hama 0.6.0?
and how about other versions?