hama-dev mailing list archives

From Yexi Jiang <yexiji...@gmail.com>
Subject About Vector/Matrix operation
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:32:45 GMT
I read some of the code from apache mahout and find that their
Vector/Matrix contain some useful methods. These methods borrow the style
of functional programming by allowing a function to apply to all the
elements of a Vector/Matrix.

For example, given a matrix m, if we want to apply a function f(x) to all
the elements, we can simply use *m.assign(DoubleDoubleFunction f)* instead
of a nested loop. This style can simply the coding, especially for those
algorithms where Vector/Matrix operations are heavily used.

I'm wondering can we also add such methods as well as the associated
classes?

Regards,
Yexi