hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 03:12:25 GMT
Hi,

Since the Apache Hama aims to capability of massive scientific
computations on top of Hadoop cluster, we also have an interest in
supporting GPUs, and actually I researched mainly about the Apache
Hama cluster architecture that are using GPUs and InfiniBand at Oracle
(Because, I believe that the scientific computing is more important
than data cleansing / selection processing, to forecast the future or
to extract valuable insight).

If you have agenda items, please share us them before scheduling a
conference call. I or Martin Illecker might be available to
participate in the call.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Yanning Li <yanningl@nvidia.com> wrote:
> Hi Hama dev team,
>
> I work for NVIDIA Tesla Accelerating Computing product team. Recently I noticed your
project online. It seems Hama can be a great fit with GPU computing.

> Wondering any chance our team (cc-ed our group manager, Roy) could have a call with you
guys or who is familiar with GPU related issue to learn more about Hama, opportunities and
hurdles of using GPU in the project. The goal is to figure out opportunity for us and to make
the project better as well.

> So please let me know. Thanks.
>
> Best
>
> Yanning

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
> confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon