hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data structrues of hama
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 06:17:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. If you don't want to sort
messages, you can use the default queue instead of SortedMessageQueue.

If you are talking about Graph package and ListVerticesInfo, it's my
temporary solution to fix a bug of memory-based vertices storage,
ListVerticesInfo[1]. Loaded vertices and Messages among graph task
processors, must be sorted to reduce memory consumption and GC
overheads (See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-704).  If
you want to improve the memory-based vertices storage, Please feel
free to open the ticket on JIRA system.

1. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GraphModuleInternals#List_of_Future_Ideas_and_Challenges

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM, qswm611 <qswm611@163.com> wrote:
>  I saw that the data structrues LinkedList in BSPMessageBundle.java be instead of ArrayList
after sorting. So I want to ask you that if I don't sort message,could I instead LinkedList
of ArrayList?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon